AIT Instruments’ Silicon Photomultiplier readout solutions consist of a preamplified base, an Interface Module, and a 16- or 32-channel simultaneous sampling gated integrator DAQ system. The bases are array-specific and provide connectors for interfacing directly to a number of the SensL Array products. The base unit provides signal multiplexing, either row/column or charge division depending on the base chosen, followed by preamplification for the multiplexed signals. The base board also has a temperature sensor for allowing bias compensation, and is sized to be within the footprint of the array product to allow for tiling. The base units are powered by the Interface Module (IM) to which it is connected via a cable adapter. The IM unit powers the base and buffers the signal, as well as having a constant fraction discriminator (CFD) for triggering. It also provides the temperature monitor and a signal sum. The DAQ system is a USB-controlled, gated integrator, with simultaneous sampling over all 16 or 32 channels and has a high degree of FPGA and I/O customization. The ADC has a number of input ranges, provides 10ns time stamping and a 32-bit event count.
The AIT Instruments site features a large number of array readout case studies, a readout overview and the option to purchase the products online.
The base units that can be used with SensL array products are listed below:
- ABL-ARRAY64PH – 64-Channel Low-Profile Base for the SensL ArrayC-60035-64P-PCB
- AB424T-ARRAY144P –4+24 Channel Tileable Base for the SensL ArrayC-30035-144P-PCB
- ABT-ARRAY64P – 16-Channel Tileable Base for the SensL ArrayC-60035-64P-PCB
- ABL-ARRRAY16P – 16-Channel Low-Profile Base for the SensL ArrayC-30035-16P-PCB
- AB4L-ARRAY16P – 4-Channel Low-Profile Base for the SensL ArrayC-30035-16P-PCB
- AB4T-Array64P – 4-Channel Tileable Base for the SensL ArrayC-60035-64P-PCB
- AB4QST-ARRAY64P – Summing 4-Quadrant Tileable Base for the SensL ArrayC-60035-64P-PCB
- AB4T-ARRAY144P – 4-Channel Tileable Base for the SensL ArrayC-30035-144P-PCB
- AB4ST-ARRAY64P – Summing 4-Channel Tileable Base for the SensL ArrayC-60035-64P-PCB
AiT also stock two high precision power supply options that can be used with SensL SiPMs:
- HV80A – Precision Regulated 10V-80V 4mA DC Power Supply with Over-Current Shutdown
- HV80B – variant with standard 0.1% output voltage accuracy, not trimmable
For more information, see the AiT Instruments‘ website or contact them directly.