ArrayRA: 1 x 16 Array of Red-Enhanced Silicon Photomultipliers
- Specifically designed for LIDAR and 3D ranging applications
- 1 x 16 linear array of 0.491 mm x 0.171 mm pixels
- High responsivity of >30 kA/W @905 nm due to the combination of high gain and detection efficiency
- Ultra-fast rise times and pulse widths from SensL’s unique ‘fast output’ terminal
- Available in a reflow solder compatible DFN package
- Evaluation board available
SensL have developed the RA-Series of SiPM (Silicon Photomultipliers) to provide enhanced detection efficiency in the NIR part of the spectrum. These sensors use a low low operating bias (<50 V) but are single photon sensitive and have a responsivity of >30 kA/W at 905 nm.
The ArrayRA-0116A20-DFN is a 1 x 16 monolithic array of SiPM sensors that has been designed specifically for automotive LiDAR applications. The array is biased from a single supply via the summed anode and summed cathode, but has 16 individual ‘fast outputs’ (one per pixel). The SensL SiPMs have been proven to provide long distance ranging even with low reflectivity targets.
It is strongly recommended that those new to SiPM sensors consult the Introduction to Silicon Photomultipliers Tech Note.